What is a Habitat ReStore?
- A Habitat ReStore accepts new and used building materials from individuals, retailers, businesses and contractors. These good quality items are sold to the general public at a fraction of retail prices, with all proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity.
Is ReStore open to the public?
- YES! Anyone and everyone can donate and shop at ReStore!
How often does ReStore get new materials?
- Daily! We receive donations every day that we are open.
How are items priced at ReStore?
- Brand new items are priced 50% OFF of retail value, other items, depending on condition, are priced between 50% - 90% off retail value.
Can we negotiate prices with ReStore ?
- No. Our ReStore does not negotiate on prices with customers. Items that have been on the shelves for a certain period of time may be reduced in price by ReStore staff, but please remember, the proceeds from our store go directly to Habitat for Humanity and this is not a flea market.
Do you use the donated materials to build Habitat Homes?
- No. The materials are sold in the Habitat ReStore, with the proceeds of the store going to Habitat for Humanity.
How do I donate?
- When you have items to donate to ReStore, call us at 910-891-4500 and let us know what you have- we will tell you if we are able to accept them or not. You can then bring your donated materials to the ReStore. No dropping off items after hours or on days we are not open.
Do you pick up items?
- Yes, we will pick up your items if there is at least 1 item that is too large to fit in a truck or SUV. Please call 910-891-4500 to schedule a pick-up.
Do I get a tax receipt for donating?
- Yes! Habitat ReStore is part of Habitat for Humanity and a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization. All donations can receive a potential tax deduction.
Can ReStore put a value on the items I donate?
- No. We cannot place a value on any donations for tax purposes. This is the responsibility of the donor.
Does ReStore take returns?
- All sales at ReStore are AS IS. No Refunds or Exchanges
Are all ReStore the same?
- No. Each ReStore is individually operated by the Habitat for Humanity affiliate office in that area. This means they do not all carry the same items, prices, policies, hours, etc.
How do things get done at ReStore ?
- Volunteers play a vital role in cashiering, donation intake, donation pick-ups, stocking shelves, pricing items, assisting customers, office work, cleaning and so much more! We simply could not survive without the dedication and commitment of our volunteers.
How do I volunteer?
Habitat for Humanity of Harnett County
Habitat for Humanity of Harnett County is part of a global nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope.
2200 West Cumberland Street
Dunn, NC 28335
Phone: (910) 891-7770 | (910) 891-4500
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM