Volunteers are the heart and backbone of Habitat.
Time and time again, our community has demonstrated its generosity through countless hours of volunteering. Through this collective effort families have been able to move into their very own homes –Thank You Volunteers
Harnett County Habitat for Humanity still aims to seek passionate individuals and organizations to join us in our fight against substandard housing in Harnett County.
Volunteers of all skill levels, races and religions are welcomed!
Signing Up To Volunteer Is Easy!
Contact us today and let us help you get started! You can complete a Volunteer Sign-Up Form and/or a Volunteer Application online. We will contact you for registration and scheduling. Check out our volunteer listings if you need ideas on how you’d best like to help!
- New volunteers must complete all sections of the Volunteer Information Form and Release and Waiver and return it to the Volunteer Coordinator at least one week prior to their first scheduled volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteers must contact the Volunteer Coordinator to register for a volunteer opportunity. Only those individuals who have signed up for an opportunity will be able to participate.
- If an individual is unable to make the day that he/she has signed up for, he/she should contact the Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Volunteers should dress appropriately for the task. Individuals volunteering on the build site or at the ReStore should expect to be working outside and should expect to get dirty. No open-toed shoes are allowed on the build site or the ReStore. Volunteers not dressed properly may be asked to leave.
- Volunteers should arrive on time for their scheduled build day or volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteers with any special needs should contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Safety is of the upmost importance on the build site and the ReStore. Volunteers should follow the directions of the Site Leader, Construction Coordinator or supervisor at all times.
- Individuals must not be under the influence of alcohol or any illicit drugs while participating in volunteer opportunities.
- Individuals under the age of 18 should consult the Age Restrictions Guidelines regarding applicable volunteer opportunities.
- Individuals failing to follow the Volunteer Policy may be asked to no longer volunteer.
- In order to provide the best volunteer experience possible, our organization reserves the right to amend or update this policy as needed.
Types of Volunteering
There are many ways to get involved and volunteer with Harnett County Habitat for Humanity.
- Site Support
- Family Advocate
- Lunch Provider
If you have questions about any volunteer activity, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator by phone Vol. Coord./Habitat Phone # or by email Vol. Coord./Habitat Email.
Still have questions about volunteering with us?
Check out our Volunteering FAQs page, here!
Your Gift Could Buy:
$37: 67.81 sq. ft. roll of wall insulation
$55: 50 lb. box of nails
$75: 3 bundles of shingles
$100: Roof truss
$165: Single Energy Star certified window
$320: Twin Energy Star certified window
$335: Water Heater
$600: Vinyl Flooring
$5,500: HVAC system
A Sound Investment in a Family's Future
Did you know that your gift does much more than help families escape from unsafe, unhealthy living conditions?
You're helping families to break the cycle of poverty and build long-term financial security. Habitat's affordable, no-profit house payments free up money for food, child care, medicine and other necessities. And research has shown that decent housing improves health, increases children's educational achievement and strengthens community ties.
Thanks to your support, Habitat is transforming the lives of more than 3 million people around the world!
More Ways to Donate:
Gift By Mail
Memorial and Honorary Gifts
Make a Gift in Honor of a Loved One
Honor your friend or loved one by making a donation to Harnett County Habitat for Humanity in their name.
Consider this alternative gift idea for loved ones on birthdays, anniversaries, or any other holiday.
Acknowledgements of your gift are sent to the honoree.
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Gift By Bequest
- Real Estate
- Life Insurance Proceeds/Policy
- Personal Property
- Life Estate
- Retirement Assets
Check out all the ways you can help us advocate for Habitat and affordable housing!
Help HFH of North Carolina
Help us advocate for affordable housing in our community, state, and nation. Join our email notification list and get periodic updates on issues that affect low-income families and the communities in which they live. Sign up by clicking on Contact Us.
Current Habitat Legislative Priorities in North Carolina
More information coming soon!
Find out who your North Carolina state legislators are by clicking here.
Take Action with Habitat
Visit Habitat for Humanity International’s Advocacy Action Center at http://www.habitat.org/gov to learn about Habitat’s national legislative priorities and send messages to your Congressional representatives.
Find Your U.S. Member of Congress
Click here to see which US Congress person represents you at www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Habitat for Humanity of Harnett County
Habitat for Humanity of Harnett County is part of a global nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope.
PO Box 2157 | 101 West Harnett Street
Dunn, NC 28334
Phone: (910) 891-7770 | (910) 891-4500